According to Nick, “They were careless people, Tom and Daisy — they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made” (Fitzgerald 188).
Myrtle Wilson is Tom Buchanan’s mistress with whom we find Tom to be having a secret love affair. She is married to George Wilson and is a woman who is fully aware of the art of seduction and chooses to appear passively sensuous at all times. However, despite having an affair with Tom she is not completely happy since Tom frequently loses her temper and abuses her but she chooses to stay with Tom since it is apparent that she abhors her husband (Tyson 39). Around the middle of the novel, Tom also beats her up and breaks her nose which comes across at a point when Myrtle Wilson is left physically as well as emotionally broken. She suffers from the faint recollections of guilt in the later part of the novel and meets her death in a manner that drives her husband close to insanity.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.