The Great Gatsby was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald in the mid 1920s and is set in the same era (Fitzgerald 3). It was a time when people were recovering from the First World War and the soldiers were coming back from the war and were becoming a part of society once more (Gross 1). The novel does not incorporate an expansive cast of characters yet almost every character contributes significantly to the development of the plot (Tyson 61). This paper shall attempt to present a characterization of some of the most essential characters of the novel.
The first and most important character is that of the narrator and essential member of the cast, Nick Carraway. Nick Carraway is a 29 year old man who appears to be ambitious and can be seen making attempts to bring matters to a point where they are justifiable (Bruccoli 42). However, it is apparent that Nick is one who does not like quiet parties and prefers an adventure in which he can protect pride and honesty. From the very beginning we see him bored at Myrtle’s party and we see that he is intrigued when he learns of Jay Gatsby and his parties. As the events unfold, Nick comes across as a loyal young man with an honest desire to have his best friend win the love of his life.
Place your custom movie review order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.