According to Laroy (1993) the reading material therefore has to incorporate attributes of modern day life and has to be updated periodically. This leads us to strengthen our consideration of the use of authentic material for the purpose of the teaching of English as a second language. Also, we can surmise that Laroy (1993) as well as Berardo (2006) are considering a perspective which holds that making the language easier for the student to understand will not be half as productive to the student in the long run as ensuring the practicality of the taught reading skills will be.
Berardo (2006) notes that this approach refers to reading material in a perspective that differentiates between non-authentic text and authentic text. The use of the authentic text is preferred in this approach in light of the fact that it can be expected to expose the Chinese students to more natural expressions of the English language than they can be expected to encounter in a non-authentic text. Non-authentic texts generally high levels of structure and formation that are meant to solely train the readers to understand the language and do not manage to make the student equally comfortable with using the language.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.