The Ice House is a short story by Caroline Gordon. When going through the story, one cannot help but feel that this is Gordon at her best. In The Ice House, Caroline Gordon of Merry Mont visits the undying legacy of the Civil War and takes the reader through a journey that is nothing less than bone chilling and riveting at the same time. This paper seeks to develop an understanding of Gordon’s distinct writing style by closely observing and criticizing her short story, The Ice House.
In The Ice House, Gordon exercises her unique modern writing style to tell us the story of two young men facing a situation that they thought they would never have to face in their lives (Stuckey). Gordon gives us the account of the young men as they go about to accomplish the task assigned to them: The excavation of a mass grave. The Ice House” shows Gordon tackling the legacy of the Civil War in a gruesome tale that involves two young men hired to excavate a mass grave. We can infer from this fact that Gordon has once more maintained her distinct southern modern writing style.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writer.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.