In “Liberty of Conscience: Roger Williams in America”, we follow Roger William’s journey, as we witness the development of his views regarding the church and the state through Gaustad’s words. Having become a Puritan at the age off 11, William’s believed in the presence of a non-interference relationship rather than a complete separation of the church and the state.
The beginning of the prominent evolution of Williams’s views regarding the separation of the state and the church can be traced back to 1631 when he arrived in Boston and chose to refuse the position of Pastor when he was offered the position. Williams instead decided to voice the beliefs he had accumulated during his days in England. He immediately drew a line between the authorities of the state, and the authority of the church.
The development of application of his views can be observed from a number of events that he was not only a part of but was the instigator of. When analyzed closely, one can see that Williams’s strength of belief in his views as a puritan only strengthened with time. His lifelong resolution to draw the line between church and state was reinforced by the disagreements that people accumulated and harbored against him and his statements. For instance, Williams referred to the Church of England as one that had gone off course from the proper church.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.