The ability to control our basic desires is defined as moral virtue and here comes the conflict between the emotional sense of man and the intellectual capability of man. The intellectual capability is responsible for all the logical and scientific decisions. Aristotle highlights several points in relation to the nature of the moral virtues such as the ability to regulate desires is bound by teaching and practice which are character-traits and then comes the role of the doctrine of the mean.
This doctrine defined the moral virtues as those traits of personality which are a division between extreme and not so extreme character traits. According to Aristotle, most of the moral virtues fall within the mean of two accompanying vices e.g. cowardice can range from courage and rashness. For Aristotle, morality is governed by the faculty of moral insight as only those who have moral insight would be those who would engage in moral activities and actions. Moral weaknesses on the other hand take place when the person does acts knowing that it could have negative repercussions.
Hence, for any individual its quite important that he realizes the extremities and behaves accordingly.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.