Jay Gatsby comes across as yet another magnificent creation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s as we see that he is a man who has dedicated his life to the pursuit of his love. The singular purpose of his life is to win back Daisy Buchanan. It is apparent that Jay Gatsby is a desperate man who does not refrain from lying and taking part in illegal activities in order to develop, strengthen and impose a personality that is entirely unoriginal and one that he has created through a web of lies (Earle).
However, Gatsby comes across as a man who wants nothing from anybody and does not wish to cause anybody any harm. We observe in the very beginning of the plot that even the parties that he throws are riddled with the intention of accidentally coming across Daisy Buchanan in one of them. He prefers to keep his secrets to himself and hardly ever mentions his true identity at any point during the novel.
The extent to which Jay Gatsby’s life centers around Daisy can be inferred from Nick’s statement when he affirms: “There must have been moments even that afternoon when Daisy tumbled short of his dreams — not through her own fault but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion” (Fitzgerald 101).
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.