Recidivism is defined as the predisposition that a person has to resort to committing repeated acts of felony. Specifically, recidivism is regarded to be committing a second crime after having been convicted for one (Davie, 2008).
Recidivism rates are considered to be of integral importance since they reflect upon the effectiveness of the infrastructure that a society has implemented to detain and rehabilitate felons. Governments work hard to decrease recidivism rates because an increase illustrates an incapability of released convicts to become productive and functioning members of the society after having served their sentence. For this reason, it is extremely essential that an accurate measurement of the tendency towards recidivism of a society be attained. In the paragraphs to follow, light shall be shed upon the reasons for recidivism, the measures taken to reduce the recidivism rate, the problems encountered in carrying out those measures, and most importantly, the methods used to measure the recidivism in a society and the problems encountered in attaining an accurate measure of the recidivism.
Place your custom writings order at a cheap price, written by professional writers.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.