Roger Williams’s ideas on liberty were unique in their own right. An example can be derived by taking a look at the Puritans who worked for the “freedom of conscience” before him. Governor John Winthrop for instance, also strived for beliefs same as Willaims’s.
However, Winthrop’s concept of Puritanism revolved more around the movement of Puritans to the “New World” as a sacred action that the Puritans were performing with God’s blessing. Also, Winthrop’s beliefs were highly anti-democratic. So much so that he believed that the existence of a democracy was an act in contradiction with the 5th Commandment. Williams’s legacy is of a different opinion in this matter. Williams believed in the existence of a government and chose to draw the line only in matters related to the right of the government to exercise religious laws. This right, Williams believed, was one that only God was to exercise.
Place your custom writings order at a cheap price, written by professional writers.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.