George Wilson is Myrtle Wilson’s husband and can be seen as a man who is innocent of heart and owns a car repair garage. He is frequently visited by Tom as a customer along with Nick. According to Tom’s perception of George, the man is a fool who has no idea of the events going on under his roof. It is evident that George is a man who loves his wife and treats everybody with a friendly outlook.
However, the intensity of his love for his wife does not show to its fullest extent until she is run over and is killed (Fitzgerald 45). At first he becomes merely physically ill when he learns of his wife’s affair with Tom but once he discovers that she has been killed, he reaches an extreme of his personality and decides to avenge her death. In the end, he is the only character in the novel that chooses to bring his life to an end with his own hands out of sheer desperation and hopelessness.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.