BlackBerry initiated its campaign with a Focused Differentiation strategy. A focused differentiation strategy provides products and/or services to a specific market segment which is different from the rest of the market due to some demographic, behavioral, cultural or other distinctive factor. This is a small segment of the market, termed as a niche (Johnson, Scholes, & Whittington, 2008). In the case of BlackBerry, they segmented the market and identified two key segments that they have focused on. These are the enterprise users and career driven and ambitious people (Baines, Fill, & Page, 2008, pp. 29-33). Blackberry has focused on these two niches primarily in their early years.
BlackBerry has achieved enormous growth in revenue and profits by following the niche strategy. Revenues have increased by about 66 % for the third quarter of 2008 as compared to the same quarter last year. Their profits over the same period have increased by around 7 % as compared to last year (Thaindian News, 2008). This shows that despite the economic recession that the world is experiencing, BlackBerry has managed to show a significant level of growth that symbolizes the strength of the concept and application of their chosen strategy.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price, written by professional writers
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.