Early theories regarding stereotyping were ones which perceived stereotyping to be caused as a result of the subject’s mental incapability to identify entities without passing judgments without them. Theories such as this were mostly prevalent in the 1950s. This school of thought was of the opinion that if a person was stereotyping an entity, it was not because of a choice that the subject made or an intentional decision that the subject considered and then executed. Rather, the subject was in a state of mind that led the subject to perceive the environment around him/her through a stereotyped frame of reference (Hinton, 2000).
However, as time went by, the 1980s brought forth a theory that contradicted those of earlier decades. According to the theories of the 1980s, stereotypes were not caused due to innate or an incapability to perceive entities without judging them but as a result of the discussions, negotiations and interactions that constitute our everyday lives. Therefore, the first and the second arguments at hand are ones that pertain to the internal mechanism of the person and those that pertain to the implications of interaction with the environment respectively.
Place your custom writings order at a cheap price, written by professional writers.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.