If the south was to be divided into the upper south and the lower south, one could not help but notice that there was a certain shift of power in terms of the economical strength that the south held. This shift was basically caused by the eventual deterioration of the tobacco industry.
The tobacco industry had been fueling the south for quite some time now but the industry had begun to dwindle as more producers chose to switch to cotton production. “Much of the upper south continued to rely on the cultivation of tobacco” (Brinkley 280). This trend was based upon a desire to grow a crop that could be more stable in the long run and could be relied upon to provide the producers a higher degree of profit at the same time. The focus began to shift from tobacco production to the production of sugar, rice and cotton. This can be seen as a well justified measure since the demand for cotton was also recorded to grow around the very same time.
Place your custom writing order at an affordable price.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom essays are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.